---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
             
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

5 Faves // A Link-Up

One of my fave ways to get to know other bloggers is via link-ups!  I've been reading this link-up thread for well over a year and am excited to be joining in the linkage for the first time!





1. HALLOWEEN

 I know it's over and done, but it was as spooky as always this year.  We live in one of the more popular neighborhoods for trick-or-treating in our little city.  Our little house is nestled among much larger homes with folks who hand out full-sized candy bars to the kiddos (and teens, lets be honest).  On average, we see about 500-600 trick-or-treaters each year.  We buy the cheap candy, yo.  This year, my parents joined us and I couldn't have been more thrilled.  I was exhausted for some reason, so my parents took on the task of passing out the goods.  They also brought beef & barley soup, biscuits, and pumpkin beer.  So... Austin and I win.


 Photo from Life in Grace Blog
Photo from Life in Grace Blog

Speaking of soup...that's my next fave!  This time of year just begs for hot pots of soup on the stove or, even better, the slow cooker.  The picture above is what I'm planning for tomorrow night.  I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to soups and I'm trying to make a new one each week.  Maybe next it'll be this, or this, or this!


Photo from the daily cookie
3. AVEDA MANGOSTEEN LIP GLAZE

I am straight obsessed with this lip glaze that I got at my latest hair appointment.  My stylist obviously works on commission and is constantly pushing the newest Aveda products on me when I go in for cuts/colors.  I almost always smile and politely decline as she loads up my hair and face with the latest and greatest.  This time, as I was waltzing out, she insisted on slapping on some of this lip color that she just knew would be perfect.  I agreed that it was fab, but declined to buy some.  Days later, I was still thinking of this color and had even gone to Target in search of a similar, but more affordable one.  I never found one and broke down a week later.  I'm now the proud owner of this amazing fall lip color that I wear nearly every day.  You can see it on me here.


Namely, this series.  I'm kinda obsessed with Amelia's blog.  I even used the same Etsy blog designer. Thanks for sharing, Amelia, and thanks for gorgeous design, Suzana!  Anyway, this Keeping the Home series might be my love language.  The photos make me nostalgic for a season that hasn't even passed yet! I'm obsessed with the gorgeous photos, the bright, airy decor, and her way with words...gah.  She's a wordsmith, y'all.  I'll never compete with her skills, but I'll always adore them. Keep it up, A!

5. DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

I know I'll be an internet pariah for saying it, but I love DLST.  Granted, I have no young children to help me despise the it, so this fave could easily change one day.  In the meantime, I find the darker evenings of November the perfect time to start hunkering down for winter and I love it. Monday evening it was raining and chilly as I made my way home from work at sunset.  When I came in, I immediately got to work lighting spicy scented candles, turning on soft lights, and starting a cozy, comforting meal.  After dinner, I listened to the rain fall as I sat wrapped in my favorite gray knit blanket sipping peppermint tea and, for a moment, all was right in the world.  I had a keen awareness that the holidays were just around the corner and I was filled with the hope of something greater to come.  

Now go!  Enjoy the other linkage!  Thanks for hosting, Jenna!



2 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous pictures! Makes me feel all cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading about aome of your faves- I cannot fathom that any trick or treaters! Hope your feeling better and more energized. Also can't wait to check our the homework blog- I like seeing what other people love to read!

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete