---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
             
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, November 10, 2014

29 Things About Me

Stealing this fun, albeit, self-involved idea from many previous bloggers, but most recently Grace!  I'll be 29 in about 1.5 months, so 29 things it is!


1. Everyone thinks that I'm an extrovert because of my loud voice and opinionated nature, but truly, I'm much more of an introvert. I'm really good at faking it in crowds.  A weekend at home with Austin and no one else is my absolute ideal.
2. I have social anxiety that has grown worse with age, but again, no one really believes me and I fake it real good-like.
3. Speaking of copying Grace, I also took this quiz and happened to end up in the exact same category as her. Though, I definitely don't agree that it's all correct for me (uh, soft spoken, no...).
4. I'm married to a medical student.  Maybe people think I've struck gold because of this.  They clearly have no idea what medical school/residency are like.  I definitely struck gold with the guy, though!
 5. I share a name with one of my best friends.  We also work at the same company and hold the same position.  It's weird and confusing and we not-so-secretly love it!
6. I am a Speech-language Pathologist for career, but dream of the day when I can stay home for a few years with many babies!
7. We are in the process of trying to have a family.
8.  I had a missed miscarriage earlier this year and have struggled to get pregnant since. I'm feeling optimistic, though!
9. I wish I could read books in a hammock daily.
10. I love to cook, but only when I have ample energy and time.  (Read: I'm doing well to cook 2x/week when working.)
11. I love love love eating out.  Like whoa!  Nothing makes me happier than dining at delicious, local eateries with amazing food and wine.
12. I have two rules for eating out: it must not be something that I can make for myself at home and it must not be a chain.
13. Unless it's Chipotle.  I love Chipotle.
14. I have a love-thing for small/practical homes.  I abhor unnecessarily large homes and excess in general.  I recently learned that some neighborhoods have a minimum square footage requirement for people building (e.g., 2000 sq/ft) and and I find this appalling.
15. I also prefer very old homes to new.  Though I understand why many people do not share this opinion.
16. I cannot stand lounging around on vacation.  As a result, I can only be on a beach for about an afternoon.  I need to be up, out, seeing, eating, drinking, and doing!
17. I once side-swiped a cop, lost control of my car, and ran headlong into a tree.
18.  I was fine, the cop was fine, but the car wasn't.
19.  The cop felt so bad for me(don't ask me why) that he only gave me a ticket for failure to yield instead of inattentive driving which saved me many hundreds of dollars.
20. Before I met Austin, I'd never camped before.  I thought I'd hate it, but I'm straight-obsessed. Though I have a pretty low tolerance for any weather above 85 or below 40.
21. The best camping I've ever done was in Yellowstone.
22. Next I'd like to try backpacking.  I need to reference miss Natalie for some tips!
23. Speaking of travel, Austin and I have a very lofty goal of seeing all 50 of the United States together.
24. We've only hit 10 thus far (we are med school poor, y'all), so we have a long LONG way to go.
25. I grew up in  a family that was very tradition driven, especially around the holidays.  As a result, I'm just a bit obsessed with having yearly traditions.
26. This tradition obsession most certainly played a role in my conversion to Catholicism.
27. I have two dogs and one cat.  They make me legitimately happy every day and I cannot imagine not having pets.
28. I've never had a pizza that I didn't like.  I could eat it every day and never satiate.
29. Even though my next birthday is 29, I am so excited to turn 30.  I think I might be the only person who truly enjoys getting older.

Welp, there it is.  My most narcissitic post to date!

2 comments:

  1. This is always a fun post idea and often self enlightening.
    The Doctor Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely don't share your enjoyment for aging:) it's a great list and I loved getting to know more about you! We just finished up a camping trip, and whew it was a little crazy with all the buggies, but fun none the less!

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete