---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
             
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, November 7, 2014

Everyone's Worst Email Nightmare



My email nightmares came to fruition today.  I've been planning a gathering for some of the folks in my department at work who I'm particularly close with.  We're a fairly large department, but only about half of us mesh well (mostly due to age).  As I packed up to leave work, I quickly typed a reminder email about the party details (BYOB and apps/desserts) and reminded everyone of the time.  Foolishly, I sent it to our entire department which resulted in a LOT of confusion and my face/chest breaking out in hives.  Luckily, it was pretty easily resolved (a significant chunk of the department was gone, so we played it off like it was a bit more informally planned than it was) but now everyone is invited.  All 20+ people and their families to my tiny little house!  Oops.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, bless your heart! I guess we will if "the more the merrier," is true! I'm sure it will be! Maybe some new friendships will be born!! Good luck girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it turned out to be totally fine! Thank goodness! I felt terrible about it! We had a great time with everyone regardless!

      Delete