---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
             
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

5 Years Ago...


Austin proposed to me in Loose Park in Kansas City, MO.  It had been an exceptionally cool and dreary October during which I had remarked several times how all I wanted a was a sunny, autumn day to ride the motorcycle to Loose Park for a walk.  It seemed that the sun only shone when I was locked away in the bombshelter-esque KUMC Speech and Hearing Clinic, unable to enjoy the sunshine.  It was a crisp, sunny Wednesday and, in a moment of serendipity, Austin called me just after I'd found out my afternoon class had been cancelled to say that he unexpectedly had the afternoon off.  Both shocked that the other was free, we decided to make the motorcycle ride to Loose Park a reality.

It was as perfect as I imagined, until I got really, REALLY hungry.  Those who know me know that my hunger tends to swing wildly any my mood often follows.  Just as I was on the verge of getting cranky to leave and find food, I turned to find Austin down on one knee proposing.  I knew we'd be getting engaged soon, but somehow did NOT see it coming and was perfectly shocked.

Five years later, we waltzed through our new neighborhood park with our two pups and realized that it was the anniversary of our engagement.  Being that it's the age of cell phones, we snapped a selfie and remembered fondly the past five years.  I caught a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment