---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
             
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Lofted Bedroom

We have lived in this old airplane bungalow for nearly 4 years.  It's 110 years old and chock full of character.  My favorite room is this lofted bedroom. It is the only upstairs room in the house, has 3 walls of windows, and as long as the sun is up, it is flooded with gorgeous, natural light.  When I became pregnant with Greer, we ended up moving downstairs due to back pain and the fact that I had to use the bathroom four times a night.  I was sad to leave the beautiful space, but glad for the newfound convenience.  I figured a move was inevitable once the baby arrived.  Fastforward one quick year and we now have a sweet six month old girl who is an excellent 12-hour-a-night sleeper.  We decided to savor the last few months we have in this home and move back to the loft.

This past weekend, Greer went to stay with  my parents so that I Austin and I could prepare for a yard sale we will be having this spring prior to our move.  This upstairs bedroom had become nothing more than a glorified storage area.  We spent the weekend working hard to declutter, to sort through items to be donated, sold, or kept, and to rejuvenate this space to be used as a bedroom once more.  This light-filled room has become an afternoon retreat for Greer and me.  She loves to play on the floor with her toys and I love to watch her from the bed while reading a good book.  Here's to enjoying these last few months in a home we've grown to love so dearly.


 
 












No comments:

Post a Comment