---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
             
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, January 29, 2015

16 Weeks




My weeks up until this point have been spent combing, poring, and agonizing over other women's blogs during pregnancy, especially as those weeks correspond to mine.  I eat that shit up.  I just LOVE hearing about others symptoms, cravings, necessities, dreams, etc.  So here I am adding my own little voice to the chorus.

Weekly Notes

How far along? 16 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss? Initially I lost about 8lbs, but have since gained back 3.  I'm still about 5 under my pre-pregnancy weight, but I'm eating PLENTY.  In fact, this week has been a highly unhealthy week for me.
Stretch Marks? Nope.  But I wouldn't be surprised if I get some.  I have left over scars from puberty and I know they run in my genes.  Luckily,  my faded really well and I'm not concerned about the prospect of more.
Maternity clothes? None yet!  I still fit into most of my jeans (save for my really skinny ones), and I'm lucky that loose shirts are stylish right now.  I plan to go as long as possible without buying maternity clothes because holy $$$, they are expensive.
Noteworthy moments? My bump seems to wax and wane on any given day.  Some days I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and am shocked at how pregnant I look.  Other days, it looks like nothing at all.
Miss anything? RED. WINE.  Really, though, I just miss the ritual of drinks and conversation with those I love.  There is little more that I appreciate than a nice glass of wine with my husband at the end of a long day or week.  I think some mocktails might be in my future??
Any movement?  I don't think so.  There have been a couple of times I've wondered, but I'm pretty skeptical since it's still on the early side to be feeling movement.
Food cravings? Austin brought me a peanut butter knot donut from the hospital after earlier this week and I can't get it out of my mind!
Sick or queasy?  Not any longer, thank goodness!
Have you started to show yet?  It depends on the day or the person looking at me.
Gender: Unknown, but definitely thinking boy
Labor signs: NO!  And I hope this remains the case for many, many weeks.
Belly Button in or out?  Way in.  I have a deep belly button, though I can tell it's not quite as deep as it once was.
Wedding Rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody?  I'd say 30% moody, 70% happy.
Looking forward to: Feeling the baby move and unquestionably showing!


I'm a little late in publishing this and will be striving to publish these on Sundays when my new weeks start. 


No comments:

Post a Comment